Sunday, February 7, 2010

Remarkable people

Well, I was really tired when I went to bed, but it still took me a while to get to sleep. I slept for about 3 hours but then i woke up and have been awake for about 3 hours so I think I'll try blogging some more. I'm not mad at God like I was last night. I was thinking about all those beautiful little faces I saw yesterday, those are what He created, he didn't create the conditions that they are in, we, man, did that. It is our failure to live as he intended and our complacency that has caused their suffering.
While I was lying here I was thinking about the many remarkable people I have met. Many of you reading this I consider remarkable. I have met a number in the last few days that are truly remarkable. Rusty calls them "Real" missionaries. Dr. Rick next door is one and Kieth the dentist down the road is another, I'll blog more about them later after I know them a little better, but I thought I would start a little closer to home. I already mentioned how proud of Rusty and Jamie I am, but I'm proud of all my children, they are all remarkable people. So I guess I'll start even closer, my wife of 39 years and 2 days is a remarkable person. I haven't always treated her as I should, I can be a pretty selfish, stubborn person. She has always been a good wife, taking care of me and loving me, far better than I deserved. As good of a wife as she is, she is a better mother. Her children all know that she loves them and would do anything for them, but as a grandmother she is off the charts. That is the real reason we are here, we missed Rusty and Jamie, but the boys, she hadn't seen them in almost a year. She LOVES her grandchildren. I am convinced that each one secretly knows that she loves them the most.
D'Linda has always had a way and a special place in he heart for babies, and all her grandchildren are here babies, even when one is 5'11 3/4". She worries about each one. Now that we have them scattered all over the place she misses the ones out of sight a lot.
It has been great to see the boys, they haven't changed much, you still have to tell them something three or four times before the do it or stop doing it, what ever the case. D'Linda has hugged and loved them and met Blessing. We don't know for sure if Rusty and Jamie will be able to adopt her, but it is obvious that she is a part of this family. The boys are very good with her, they all take turns caring for and playing with her. But seeing D'Linda play with her was great, she has adopted her already. I think Blessing already knows that she is really grandma's favorite, but don't tell the others.
My wife is getting older, and she frets about gray hair and wrinkles, but she is just getting more beautiful to me. If she catches me staring at her she gets embarrassed, but I just see a beautiful remarkable wife.
My prayer for all of you is that you could have the second best spouse in the world.

1 comment: