Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mornings

I've seen some great sights and enjoy being here, but I think my favorite thing is in the morning with the boys. Every morning when Caden hears me he gets up and comes and talks with me. We have had some fun talks. He goes to school and we take off for the day, so we don't get a lot of time together. He is very articulate and smart, he tells me about all sorts of things, and asks questions. Sometimes I can answer, but sometimes it is too complicated for him to understand so I'll just say "I don't Know". Owen takes a little while to wake up, he can be a little cranky at first, but it doesn't last long. He still isn't completely over what ever he had. Owen has a round face with dimples and red hair. When something spills or he doesn't know something, he is quick with a shrug of his shoulders. He talks real clear and has a large vocabulary for a two year old. I love the honesty of young children, they aren't afraid to ask what ever is on their mind, no PC spoken here. Maybe that is one of the qualities Jesus had in mind when He said we needed to come to him like children?
D'Linda and I really love our grandkids. Don't tell our children, but I think we love the grandkids more. I already miss the boys and Blessing and we just left them a few days ago. We have a hard time with Andrea's girls living so far from us, D'Linda is always afraid they will forget us. That is unlikely because she talks with them on the phone or skype regularly, but it 's not like being there. We see Gabe and Sophie about once a month, we had them for a weekend just before we left. We see Nathan and Mattie almost every day when we're home, but that is not too much either. If I had my choice I would have them all living in one place with us. If that really happened I would probably change my mind though. Maybe if I could just talk to each one for a few minutes every morning that would be the perfect way to start the day.
Maybe our Father in heaven is like that? If we just talked to Him each morning for a few minutes, we could tell him our plans, or what we've been thinking, or ask him a question. He might answer, or just smile knowing that we can't understand, or he might reach down and turn that puzzle piece so it will fit. Or maybe we are trying to fit a puzzle piece for the wrong puzzle, or their might be a piece missing. Good parents know that sometimes they have to let children struggle to learn, but they will help and encourage. Why not talk to Him, you might enjoy it too?

No comments:

Post a Comment